29 March 2016

Your Host



So I guess now I'm supposed to introduce myself, because that's what I said I would do.  I'm having a hard time writing this post because I think it's triggering my hatred of personal statements.  I just want to be the change I seek in the world, guys.  I just want to help people.  (I really do, I just hate sounding so trite and predictable, as if I am merely nice rather than acting out of a deep feeling of connection and responsibility to other human beings. And then I hate sounding like I am tooting my own horn and oh god, why are you making me do this, just let me into your grad school/med school/residency all ready!)

Anyway, I'm Mali, aka Zetcetera for the purpose of this blog.  

I'm 31 years old and I guess the personal statements have gone ok because someone granted me admission to grad school, med school, and residency.  So now I'm a mom and a wife and a family medicine physician.

I enjoy hiking and reading and taking mostly blurry photos of my kids.  My personal pet-peeve is gas-powered leaf blowers because they are SO loud and why is that even a thing? I believe in the inherent goodness of people, the educational value of mud, and the mind-clearing properties of a clean desk.  I like cheese and good socks and naps.

My favorite color is purple, my favorite food is guacamole, and my favorite author is Barbara Kingsolver. If I had more time I would spend it kayaking, tie-dying things, and writing.    


No comments:

Post a Comment